There are many medical centres or institutions in Melbourne that specialise in hip replacement. For all your arthritic hip, hip replacement is the ideal solution. It has been recommended by many and sundry as being effective and highly efficient. Among other things, the patient will experience years of freedom from pain.
If you are suffering from arthritis in Melbourne or in any part of the world, one of the best things you can do is to undergo a total hip replacement surgery by a qualified surgeon.
Causes of arthritis
The real cause of arthritis is under serious contest. Some schools of thought say that the cause is unknown, but after a series of investigative research, we have come up with a number of causes.
However, arthritis is a disease that affects people severely as they advance in age.
Below are some of the causes:
- Childhood disorders like slipped epiphysis, dislocated hip etc
- Growth abnormalities of the hip
- Trauma (fracture)
- Increased stress like overweight, overuse etc
- Loss of blood supply in the body
- Connective tissue disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis is mainly caused by inflammation
- Inactive lifestyle such as obesity and many more
Before surgery, you may have tried a lot of simple treatments to no avail like:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Weight loss
- Modification of your functional activities
- Taking simple analgesic
- Walking sticks etc
The decision to go for hip replacement surgery may be a cooperative effort from your family, surgeon and local doctor. However, below are some of its exciting benefits:
- Enhances mobility and movements as fast as possible
- Reduced or eliminates hip pain
- Corrects deformity
- Equalisation of patient’s leg length ( this is not always guaranteed)
- Enhances leg strength
- Enhances quality of life, capacity to return to your normal life as quickly as possible
- Gives you the privilege of sleeping without pain.
Risks and complications
Just like some major surgeries, there are potential risks involved in this case. The reason for subscribing for this surgery is because the benefits outweigh its disadvantages. People that have a knee injury will usually suffer the most from bad arthritis, as this is one area of the body where bone joints are most painful – Learn more about Melbourne-based knee surgeons.
It is very important that the surgeon informs you of these risks before the commencement of the surgery. Some of the complications include, but not limited to:
- Allergic reactions to medications
- Loss of blood requiring transfusion
- Kidney failure, strokes
- Heart attacks, bladder infections, pneumonia,
- Blockage of nerves as a result of nerve damage or infection
- Serious medical conditions resulting in prolonged hospitalisation or even death
- Deep venous thrombosis or blood clots
- Wound irritation
- Damage to blood vessels or nerves
- Wear and tear
- Leg length inequality
- Thickened or unsightly scar
- Limp as a result of muscle weakness
- Fractures of the pelvis ( hipbone), or femur ( thigh bone)
To most people, surgery is not pleasant news. But people living with arthritis, it is the perfect solution, because it will enable you to lead your normal life without issues. If it is a sporting injury that you suffer from, you will most likely benefit from a sports injury surgeon. Click here to visit the website of one of Melbourne’s best sports surgeons.
Hip replacement surgery is part of your treatment plan- it will do a lot for you, such as relieving your pain and restoring function to the damaged joints. You will never regret going for hip replacement surgery today, especially if you consult surgeons living in Melbourne.